I’m so excited to share my Arizona adventures with you all because it was SUCH. A. BLAST. (despite all the horrible housing situations that I encountered) I’ve always dreamed of going to Sedona and seeing those red canyons with my own eyes, and finally, I did it!
It was my first time there and per usual, I tried to search the internet for the most instagrammable spots or places that I MUST VISIT in my limited time! With the Grand Canyon too far out of reach (from where we were staying), I’ll be exploring Scottsdale and Sedona in this blog! If you want to experience it yourself, you can skip all this and just watch my vlog here!
So here’s my top places to explore if you are ever in Arizona with limited time and you want to do something outside of seeing the Grand Canyon:
- (Obviously) visit Scottsdale: It is literally the cutest old timey town you’ve ever seen. With string lights everywhere lighting up the way, it’s literally an Instagrammer’s dream. There’s also a ROW of restaurants, art boutiques, and local shopping all around old Scottsdale. Literally, you can walk down every alley and find artists playing music and galleries filled with famous artists’ work. On the first Friday of the month there’s a Scottsdale Artwalk, so if you are in town, you should definitely check it out!
- Experience the Sugar Bowl: Located in Scottsdale, this is one of the town’s famous dessert location. With its hot pink decor and old timey game room, it’s definitely a good place to visit AFTER dinner!
Now off to Sedona, which I’ve decided is one of my favorite places on earth. I’m sure there are MANY more trails, but here’s the one that I went to:
- Huckaby Trail: It’s situated just a short drive after the main shopping area (which is why I love it), and there are several small little trails that start in the same area. There’s a little path along the edge of the canyon that you can go down and take pictures if you don’t want to do the whole trail. Shopping was more important for me, so I didn’t make the full hike this time, but definitely want to make it up the trail one of these days. Tip: There’s a little shopping area you will pass on your way there. That’s a cool place to explore with a lot of cheap crystals!
- Coffee Pot: Local breakfast spot that’s UH-MAZING. They have huge portions and have over 100 omelets. Apparently, there were a lot of famous people that went there (according to their wall of fame). There’s also a little gift shop you can visit where you can buy their adorable mugs!
- Tlaquepaque Arts & Crafts Village: LITERALLY, if you don’t go anywhere on this list, you MUST visit this place. It’s where all your shopping dreams come true. So many unique items and local artists reside here and nothing you get here will be ordinary!
Don’t forget to visit my vlog and let me know if you have more suggestions when visiting Arizona! I’m definitely heading back and I’ll report back with more awesome places to visit!